[kubuntu-devel] Re: kde telepathy?

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Mon Feb 13 19:20:47 UTC 2012

On Monday, February 13, 2012 07:00:56 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 07:53:05PM +0100, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > Hi, I think that LTS version should have stable IM client. Kopete is old
> > but more stable and tested.
>
> What makes you think it is more stable?
>
> There are many problems and bugs with Kopete not least it doesn't work for
> modern IM uses like GTalk, Facebook, Bonjour.
>
> Kopete is unmaintained so it's problems won't go away, KDE Telepathy is and
> has active upstreams so we can poke them at problems we find.
>
> Currently I'm minded to put kde-telepathy on the CD before feature freeze
> with the option to take it out if we find major problems before releasae.

I use Kopete with the OTR plugin on a nearly daily basis for AIM with zero
problems.  I'll try and find time to test KDE Telepathy, but at this point I'm
not having a problem I need fixed.

Also Kopete is integrated with the Message Indicator we ship in our default
systray.  Does KDE Telepathy integrate with it?

Scott K