UDS Considerations for Kubuntu

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:26:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Markus Slopianka <markus.s at kdemail.net> wrote:
> On Donnerstag 13 Oktober 2011 16:31:32 Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> Kubuntu has prided itself on being a distro that is close to it's primary
>> upstream, KDE.
>
> Oh c'mon, while that is repeated over and over again, was never true.
> OpenOffice/LibreOffice is used instead of KOffice (or Calligra in the future),

Is Calligra ready yet? Last I remember hearing, KOffice wasn't usable,
particularly for certain file formats.

> Kubuntu releases with KDE3 replaced Konqueror with d3lphin,

KDE4 versions have dolphin. I don't remember being able to find
anything other than Konqueror for file management or web browsing the
few times I tried Kubuntu with KDE3 ("tried" because I didn't end up
liking KDE3).  If dolphin was there, Konqueror was too and was more
visible.

> Kubuntu uses Amarok instead of Juk,

Amarok isn't a KDE music player?

--