Colibri notifications by default?

Jussi Schultink jussi01 at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 27 06:17:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Michal Zajac <michal.zajac at gmail.com> wrote:

> 27-06-2011 01:39 użytkownik "Scott Kitterman" <ubuntu at kitterman.com>
> napisał:
>

>> Harald Sitter <apachelogger at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Some time ago it was proposed that colibri notifications should be
>> >used by default:
>> >https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kubuntu-meta/+bug/659819
>> >
>> >Also JT raises the valid concern that colibri does not do actions (by
>> >design).
>> >
>> >Does anyone have good reasons why we should switch from the upstream
>> >default to colibri?
>>
>> It would be a good way to convince me I was working on the wrong distro.
>>
> One thing to say at this point: +1 :)
>> Scott K
>
> Best regards,
> Michał

To me this is pretty simple, we have had a policy to stick with
upstream KDE as much as possible, unless there is a compelling reason
not to. For this reason among others, we stuck with rekonq, and to me,
we should be sticking with KDE notifications, as in essence, there are
no major issues with them IMHO. I don't feel "consistency across
ubuntu variants" is a useful reason for moving to collibri.

BR

Jussi