RFC: Switch to Firefox and a 1.5 GB image

stars stars at hispeed.ch
Mon Dec 5 22:06:14 UTC 2011

Le Mon, 05 Dec 2011 21:51:10 +0100,
Pali Rohár <pali.rohar at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Monday 05 December 2011 21:45:30 Christian Mangold wrote:
> > Am Montag, 5. Dezember 2011, 21:41:44 schrieb Pali Rohár:
> > > Firefox does not support storing passwords in KWallet. And I
> > > think this is needed for default browser.
> >
> > There is an extension for this:
> > http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Firefox+addon+for+kwallet?content688
> > 6
> >
> > Seems to be actively maintained.
> >
> > Chr.
>
> Problem is that this extension must be recompiled against actual
> firefox and kde version - so everytime when updating kde/firefox
> packages.
>
> And other problem, that it does not store to same location as
> konqueror/rekonq. So we need program to convert konqueror/rekonq
> passwords to firefox location.

Hi,

The only problem i see with "Firefox non-default" is that a few
applications don't reconize to open Url with it instead
konqueror/rekonq when we have set as default browser in "system
config".

I find really important to to can storing passwords in KWallet, that's
give us a better security that will be very important to do with
Firefox by default....

Maybe it will time to do something with Firefox devlopper to include it
or make it easy to maintain...

About: On 12/05/2011 03:37 PM, Felix Geyer wrote:
> Thus I propose that we switch to a 1.5 GB
> USB/DVD image that includes everything on the CD + Firefox + more
> language packs + maybe a few more applications. This also means
> dropping our current DVD image which is imho of very limited use
> anyway [3].

I think too that Kubuntu offer enough version proposed and so i agree
with Scott K

Best Regards

Stars