Ubuntu SSO Client

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 25 14:05:30 UTC 2011

'Lo everyone

After GSOC last year I rushed a KDE UI for the all new ubuntu single
sign on and eventually gave up because of intermediate breakage in
maverick at the time. This weekend I got rather bored and made the
necessary changes to make the UI work as expected [1].

To test it (on natty only), simply install and change in
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ubuntu_sso/credentials.py:

>                  ui_module='ubuntu_sso.gtk.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',
>                 ui_module='ubuntu_sso.kde.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',

...and try to use an SSO app such as Ubuntu One (beware a dep bug [2]).

The ui is done in cpp with a bazillion Qt designer files, bound to
pyth0rn via python-sip. I hope everyone who is interested in USSO will
poke into it a bit ;) Also it should make a renewed effort for KDE
Ubuntu One (I think I read something like this here?) easier as large
parts of auth and storage are completely outsourced to USSO now.

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~apachelogger/ubuntu-sso-client/kdeui
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/769520

regards,
The Pink Knight