Ubuntu SSO Client

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 06:22:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> 'Lo everyone
>
> After GSOC last year I rushed a KDE UI for the all new ubuntu single
> sign on and eventually gave up because of intermediate breakage in
> maverick at the time. This weekend I got rather bored and made the
> necessary changes to make the UI work as expected [1].
>
> To test it (on natty only), simply install and change in
> /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/ubuntu_sso/credentials.py:
>
>>                  ui_module='ubuntu_sso.gtk.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',
>>                 ui_module='ubuntu_sso.kde.gui', ui_class='UbuntuSSOClientGUI',
>
> ...and try to use an SSO app such as Ubuntu One (beware a dep bug [2]).
>
> The ui is done in cpp with a bazillion Qt designer files, bound to
> pyth0rn via python-sip. I hope everyone who is interested in USSO will
> poke into it a bit ;) Also it should make a renewed effort for KDE
> Ubuntu One (I think I read something like this here?) easier as large
> parts of auth and storage are completely outsourced to USSO now.
>
> [1] https://code.launchpad.net/~apachelogger/ubuntu-sso-client/kdeui
> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/769520
>
> regards,
> The Pink Knight

Hey Harald,

Thanks so much for doing this. Since I installed and started using
Tomboy Notes, I need a working U1! And I was sad to see that U1 works
not at all in Maverick. So you can be sure that as soon as I've
installed Natty, I'll be testing your fix!

Valorie
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez