Pulseaudio on Maverick 10.10

Daniel Chen seven.steps at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 05:44:37 BST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Pan Shi Zhu <pan.shizhu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Because *everything* works without pulseaudio, but _something_ cannot
> work with pulseaudio.

Do you really mean to imply that ALSA without PulseAudio is less
broken than ALSA with PulseAudio?  Obviously you missed the times when
we've fixed rather significant bugs in ALSA *because* PulseAudio has
exposed them.

> I cannot see any reason add pulseaudio into kubuntu. It does not add
> any single feature, it introduces problem.

Sure, the introduction of a rather excellent *test case* for ALSA has
exposed numerous bugs, therefore we should gut the test case.
</sarcasm>

Best,
-Dan