Pulseaudio on Maverick 10.10

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 15:30:48 BST 2010

In data martedì 12 ottobre 2010 15:14:26, Daniel Chen ha scritto:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Valter Mura <valtermura at gmail.com> wrote:
> > with the new release in subject (Maverick 10.10), the system changed the
> > handling of the audio, at least for me, from alsa to pulseaudio.
>
> Correct, this was discussed at UDS-M and concurred.
>
> > Now my microphone doesn't work (I tried it with Skype, that I use) and in
> > the setting interface of the mixer there are no options to set channels
> > and devices.
>
> "microphone doesn't work" is awfully vague.  Can you be precise
> regarding the current audio configuration (e.g., amixer output)?  It's
> best to file a bug report against alsa-driver (i.e., ubuntu-bug
> alsa-base) - which will probably be a mixer setting and thus be
> converted to a question instead of being "an actual bug."

As I already said in another reply, I simply cannot "see" anything else but
the "Internal Audio Analog Stereo" in KMix channel settings, while before I
had a complete channel list which choose from.

> Be aware that Skype, by default, enables automatic adjustment of
> capture levels.  This wreaks all sorts of havoc on unsuspecting Skype
> users.  In other words, on Linux it sucks, is bad, and needs to be
> disabled by default.

In skype I have only a the Internal Audio device available.

> > One Kubuntu user, O. Sinclair, suggested me to install pavucontrol, but I
> > suppose KMix should handle all the input/output devices.
>
> Pavucontrol will suffice if/until KMix meets your needs.

Thanks Daniel.

--
Valter
Registered Linux User #466410  http://counter.li.org