Pulseaudio on Maverick 10.10

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Oct 12 14:38:46 BST 2010

On Tuesday, October 12, 2010 08:08:39 am Pan Shi Zhu wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Valter Mura <valtermura at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > with the new release in subject (Maverick 10.10), the system changed the
> > handling of the audio, at least for me, from alsa to pulseaudio.
> >
> > Now my microphone doesn't work (I tried it with Skype, that I use) and in
> > the setting interface of the mixer there are no options to set channels
> > and devices.
>
> regard about skype, you can simply apt-get remove pulseaudio
>
> everything works (at least for me) after remove the pulseaudio package.

This is poor advice and does nothing to make the system better.  It may work
for you, but this is a development list and we are trying to develop a better
system.

There is nothing inherently incompatible between Skype, Pulseaudio, and
Kubuntu.  I have them working just fine together (all I had to do after install
was unmute the microphone).  It would be more useful to work on what the
proper solution is.

Scott K