Pulseaudio on Maverick 10.10

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 15:02:08 BST 2010

In data martedì 12 ottobre 2010 15:38:46, Scott Kitterman ha scritto:

> On Tuesday, October 12, 2010 08:08:39 am Pan Shi Zhu wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Valter Mura <valtermura at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > with the new release in subject (Maverick 10.10), the system changed
> > > the handling of the audio, at least for me, from alsa to pulseaudio.
> > >
> > > Now my microphone doesn't work (I tried it with Skype, that I use) and
> > > in the setting interface of the mixer there are no options to set
> > > channels and devices.
> >
> > regard about skype, you can simply apt-get remove pulseaudio
> >
> > everything works (at least for me) after remove the pulseaudio package.
>
> This is poor advice and does nothing to make the system better.  It may
> work for you, but this is a development list and we are trying to develop
> a better system.
>
> There is nothing inherently incompatible between Skype, Pulseaudio, and
> Kubuntu.  I have them working just fine together (all I had to do after
> install was unmute the microphone).  It would be more useful to work on
> what the proper solution is.

I understand your position, but I cannot find the settings for my microphone
after the upgrade, I have no channels available in the KMix's "Configure
channels" dialog. The only visibile one is "Internal Audio Analog Stereo".

I think this doesn't help the average user.

But maybe I made something wrong. If so, what's my error?

Regards,
--
Valter
Registered Linux User #466410  http://counter.li.org