Meeting Minutes

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Mar 30 13:27:51 BST 2010

On Tuesday 30 March 2010 13:46:24 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> == Liberation Fonts ==
>
> We decided to change to Liberation fonts in line with Ubuntu Desktop

Yay, I really like Liberation. Which font size do you have in mind? I find 9pt on
96dpi with full subpixel hinting enabled to be looking the best on the displays I'm
using, see attachment.

> == KOfficeUserReview ==
>
> apachelogger said he wanted a survey of KOffice to see if it is ready
> to replace Open Office.  It was suggested to do this around the
> KOffice 2.2 release

KOffice 2.2 will not be end-user ready, according to the koffice team and my own
gauging.

> == Theme colours ==
>
> Our widget theme uses modified colours compared to upstream.  We
> decided to revert to upstream's darker colour.

Yay as well. This actually hit me when Nuno complained about the widget color scheme
in the release announcement. Kubuntu shipping a different default hit me (through the
default settings somewhere, I guess) in my compiled copy I used to take screenshots.
I personally prefer the warmer color scheme as well.
--
sebas