Kapti, an experimentation on package installation/removal (Mackenzie Morgan)

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 05:43:25 BST 2010

On Sunday, June 06, 2010 2:02:07 pm Patrick Dickey wrote:
> I realize that I'm throwing ideas out here, but unless Gnome is adopting
> the Ubuntu Software Center for their upstream Package manager (or at
> least the framework behind it), then Kubuntu should create as close to
> the same manager as Ubuntu has, so they can incorporate some of the
> features (UbuntuOne for ecample) and for cohesion.

Ubuntu One and the Software Center are completely unrelated.   Right now,
KPackageKit is the best Qt program for installing from deb repos.  I think
someone is working on a Software-Center-work-alike with Qt though.  I don't
remember if that was mentioned on this list or on IRC, but there's a project
in Launchpad for it.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo