About Rekonq

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 09:20:51 BST 2010

Hi All

I read one goal for the next release is a new default browser, Rekonq.

I'm trying it, for testing and curiosity purposes, in its 0.4 version, and I'm
experiencing some problems.

First, in some sites, Rekonq crashes immediately. I sent a bug for this, and I
read it has some difficulty, at the moment, to handle flash scripts.
An example is while opening a common site as "sourceforge.net", from which I
usually download some apps.

Second, I experienced a slower speed scrolling in some pages than "konqueror",
which is not good, from my humble point of view. Try, for example, to scroll
this page with the two browsers:

http://kde.gulp.linux.it/pacchetti.php

With Konqueror the scrolling is fluid, with Rekonq not.

I'm using KDE 4.4.5 with Kubuntu 10.04.1.

My question is: will Rekonq be ready in version 0.5 for this little but
important issues?

Thanks,
--
Valter