frustrations w/ KDE 4.4

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:59:39 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 January 2010 11:22:58 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > > 1.  plasma-desktop does not start automatically:  Every time I
> > > login/restart my computer I am forced to manually start plasma-desktop.
> > > I've noticed that Lucid does not have this problem.  The problem
> started
> > > w/ KDE 4.4 Beta 2 and continues in the RC
> >
> > I recall some left-over from plasma-netbook in one of the autostart
> folders
> > causing  this. I'll check what it was and get back to you. Is it possible
> > that you ran a tech preview of plasma-netbook? That could've left traces
> > in your homedir that cause this problem.
>
> Check ~/.config/autostart
> --
> sebas
>
> http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9

I apologize if the email came across as expecting production quality of an
RC, I hope that wasn't the case.  You mentioned debug packages, which debug
packages for the crashes I am experiencing to help debug them better?

I am running Kubuntu 9.10 AMD64 if that matters.

At one point I deleted the config files and am still expereincing the
crashes w/ krunner.  I would love to report better bugs if i know what debug
packages I should install

I did notice looking in ~/.config/autostart I have a plasma-desktop file and
also a plasma-netbook file if that matters?

Thanks,

Jonathan