Logic error in (4.4b2) Xsetup

Jeremy Wilkins wjeremy at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 4 02:39:11 GMT 2010

This Xsetup file actually exists prior to KDE 4.4b2 on 9.10. I have KDE
4.3.4 with the very
same lines. I believe it was a way to make the KDM greeter seem like a part
of the startup
process, hide the long KDM startup delay and after login the splash
continues. KDM is supposed to
kill the splash screen automatically once it starts. Correct me if I'm
wrong. I don't think
autologin requires the spash to be run since it shows the splash on its own.
On the other hand, I think It is also a very hackish way of testing for
AutoLoginEnable
since any case/character or space mismatch will fail to evaluate entirely.
For instance if
the true were True that wouldn't work. It would also fail if the line
started with a space.
Theoretically neither would happen as long as you are using the current
programs to set auto login, but
the rc file should be parsed as variables properly to ensure a future proof
setup where a mild
space wouldn't clow up the whole setup.