default kde menu icon

Alessandro Ghersi alessandro-ghersi at kubuntu.org
Sat Jan 2 02:29:26 GMT 2010

In data Friday 01 January 2010 22:54:29, Roman Shtylman ha scritto:
: > Yes, I am gonna drag this dead horse up one more time so we can kill it
>  again :)
>
> Just as the KDE project feels that branding is important to them,
> likewise Kubuntu should feel the same way. I know that we have
> constantly prided ourselves on shipping upstream KDE, and that doesn't
> need to change. But lets not kid ourselves. The small tweaks we make
> to the default settings are part of what make Kubuntu... well Kubuntu.
> And getting that image across is half the battle. That isn't to say
> that we should be annoying in our advertising of Kubuntu, but I do
> think that we should have at least the logo their by default (and not
> just in the boot up sequence). A logo is a very strong thing. It is
> what most people associate with your image and we want to have a good
> image :)
>
> I know we included the alternate kde menu icon in the last cycle and I
> think that was a great thing. I modified it a bit and am currently
> using it to see how it works with various backgrounds. It aims to be
> simple and not obtrusive. Clearly the users of our distro will know
> that they are using Kubuntu...and will learn that they are using KDE,
> but what we want (imho) is for people to see a user on their computer
> and go... wow... what is that (referring to the awesomeness of kde)
> and then see the Kubuntu icon and make the association to Kubuntu.
>
> If we choose not to change the default icon :( :( we should look at
> keeping the alternate icon for those users that do venture to change
> defaults and might happen upon ours :)
>
> Try it yourself: http://apt.shtylman.com/stuff/kubuntu-menu.tar.gz
>
> $0.02
>
> ~Roman

Hi, an user (Frankie90) from ubuntu-it forum has posted that for Kickoff icon
(drew himself) :
http://forum.ubuntu-it.org/index.php/topic,334605.msg2608114.html#msg2608114

It's here http://rapidshare.com/files/322232256/kubuntu-start-here.tar.gz.html

Btw he created also these wallpapers: (they are remaking of known wallpapers):

http://upload.centerzone.it/viewer.php?file=3mu5308aj2qpaghbfy9e.png
http://upload.centerzone.it/viewer.php?file=3h7rnhaj7kvdnfl5e3c.png
http://upload.centerzone.it/viewer.php?file=46blu0u6ar2eic867wv.jpg
http://upload.centerzone.it/viewer.php?file=342kuqaict9vbkufufgh.png