plasma upgrade script

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 18 11:00:40 GMT 2010

Plasma in 4.4 has the ability to include some plasmoids in the
systray.  Our default config is now made with the new Plasma scripting
interface and adds battery, device notifier and message indicator to
the systray.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members/kubuntu-default-settings/ubuntu/annotate/head%3A/share/apps/plasma-desktop/init/kubuntu-default-setup.js

For upgrades I think we should move these plasma widgets from the
panel into the systray.  I wrote a script to do so

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members/kubuntu-default-settings/ubuntu/annotate/head%3A/share/apps/plasma-desktop/updates/kubuntu-10.04.js

Harald was sceptical about us messing with users' Plasma setup.  I
think the script is pretty sensible and conservative but I'd like
more feedback on whether it seems like a sensible thing to do as well
as testing reports when installing kubuntu-default-settings
10.04ubuntu5 and restarting Plasma.

Jonathan