Naming scheme for KDE Configuration Modules

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Tue Feb 2 16:58:39 GMT 2010

Option D kde-config-*. KCM is a description of the technical
implementation and not a description of the purpose of system
settings. If a new module framework was developed, the concept of kcm
could become obsolete. D would also work well with standalone modules
outside the shell.

Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project
KDE e.V. Board of Directors