question on menu in plasma-netbook

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Fri Aug 27 08:30:46 BST 2010

On 27/08/2010 04:06, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> Quick question for the group.  Runing plasma-netbook (and it is finally
> stable for me yay) but the question comes form the menu that is located next
> to the Search and launch section of the task bar.  While I think it is nice
> being there I am finding it a bit frustrating that on certain applications I
> can no longer use the keyboard with alt to open up text files.  Example:  In
> Kate I can no longer do alt + f + q to quit or any of the other
> combinations.  I need to use the ctrl q shortcut to quit, alt + f + o does
> not open the window to open a file, I need to use ctrl+O.
>
> While it isnt a big deal, and will just take some getting used to, I am
> wondering why the change?  If anyone knows?

The new menubar uses dbusmenu-qt. Support for mnemonics (alt+f) has been
implemented recently. You need at least these versions:

- libqtgui4: 4.7.0~beta2-0ubuntu6
- libdbusmenu-qt2: 0.6.0-0ubuntu1
- plasma-widget-menubar: 0.1.11-0ubuntu1

I haven't tried it on netbook edition but I think it should work there
as well.

Aurélien