Request of info concerning packages to translate

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 21 20:02:52 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:50:05PM +0200, Valter Mura wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> my request is very simple and, maybe, obvious for some of you.
>
> We are starting translating session for the Italian version of Kubuntu
> Maverick and we need some infos concerning packages to translate:
>
> 1- Is there a list of all KDE packages included in the 10.10 distro?
>
> 2- Are there differences between the KDE po files and those included in Kubuntu?
> In other words, packages contained in Launchpad are the same of the upstream
> ones? Did you make some merge of some of them?
>
> 3- Are there Kubuntu-specific po files, excluding the "kubuntu-docs" section?
>
> TIA for the collaboration,

I compiled a list of packages and their translation domains which are
specific to Kubuntu, see "Kubuntu Specific Translation Domains" on
this page

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/TranslationsDay

also "Translation Domains Kubuntu is Especially Interested in" which I
think don't have many upstream translations because it's mostly only
Kubuntu which uses them.

In "KDE Packages with additional strings patched in" you can see the
limited number of extra strings we add to KDE packages.

To see what packages are in Kubuntu here is our list of "seed" packages
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-seeds/kubuntu.maverick/annotate/head:/kubuntu-common

Jonathan