No subject

Mon Sep 28 21:33:24 BST 2009

outlined.  I can't speak for specifics, as I'm new to the group.  I am a
developer in part by profession, but not to the level of bug tracking,
translating and concurrent versioning.

I hope I can help and I'm certainly interested in helping with the big
picture.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com

--0015174762a46abee30476691d86

John,<br><br>From a kubuntu user (not a developer), the project plan
seems pretty outlined.=A0 I can&#39;t speak for specifics, as I&#39;m new t=
o the
group.=A0 I am a developer in part by profession, but not to the level of
bug tracking, translating and concurrent versioning.<br>
 2009 at 5:54 PM, Jonathan Thomas <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:e=
div class=3D"h5">On Tuesday 20 October 2009 05:51:42 pm Clay Weber wrote:<b=
r>

&gt; On Tuesday 20 October 2009 04:21:09 pm Jonathan Thomas wrote:<br>
&gt; &gt; Hello fellow Kubuntu developers,<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Kubuntu, as we know, is a fairly good KDE distribution. (Otherwis=
e we<br>
&gt; &gt; would not be here reading this mailing list) However, things are =
not<br>
&gt; &gt; perfect. In fact, things could be much better.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; &quot;But what is Project Timelord?&quot;, you may ask, &quot;and=
 how does it relate to<br>
&gt; &gt; Kubuntu&#39;s problems?&quot; Both are good questions. Project Ti=
melord is the<br>
&gt; &gt; brainchild of the Kubuntu developer legend Harald Sitter; the cul=
mination<br>
&gt; &gt; =A0of several weeks of brainstorming by a handful of Kubuntu deve=
lopers,<br>
&gt; &gt; =A0focused towards identifying problems Kubuntu currently faces a=
nd<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; solutions<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; =A0for these problems.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; And now, we wish to bring Project Timelord to the attention of th=
e<br>
&gt; &gt; greater Kubuntu development community for input. You can find the=
&gt; &gt; internal developer release announcement that outlines the purpose=
 and<br>
&gt; &gt; proposed solutions of Project Timelord at:<br>
&gt; &gt; =A0<a href=3D"http://docs.google.com/View?id=3Ddfc7xjfj_18g8k5ztg=
4" target=3D"_blank">http://docs.google.com/View?id=3Ddfc7xjfj_18g8k5ztg4</=
a><br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; If it is decided that we would like to adopt Project Timelord as =
a goal<br>
&gt; &gt; to work towards over the next few cycles, we can start towards<br=

&gt; &gt; prioritizing the solutions and work towards forming a roadmap to<=
br>
&gt; &gt; implementing these solutions. This way we can all stay in the kno=
w of<br>
&gt; &gt; what is going on even if we are unable to attend UDS, and those a=
ttending<br>
&gt; &gt; UDS will have a unified goal to work towards as they flesh out th=
e<br>
&gt; &gt; implementation details for Kubuntu 10.04, Lucid Lynx.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; The purpose of this email is to generate discussion to determine =
whether<br>
&gt; &gt; =A0the Kubuntu developer community wishes to adopt this plan or n=
ot, as<br>
&gt; &gt; well as to provide input on the brainstormed solutions. Until it =
is<br>
&gt; &gt; decided, we would politely ask you to not announce the existence =
of the<br>
&gt; &gt; project to the general public. We would like to hear your thought=
s on the<br>
&gt; &gt; initiative here, though. :)<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Thanks in advance,<br>
&gt; &gt; Jonathan &quot;JontheEchidna&quot; Thomas.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Very nice and well-thought.<br>
&gt; What sort of input would be appropriate for the ml? esp seeing as it i=
s<br>
&gt; =A0still &#39;public&#39; and I assume will arrive in goggle/nabble/et=
c, and I am not<br>
&gt; =A0a developer?<br>
ple didn&#39;t go<br>
around blogging about it and such just yet.<br>
&gt; Clay &quot;claydoh&quot; Weber<br>
&gt;<br>
--<br>
kubuntu-devel mailing list<br>