Message Indicator: Opt-in or Opt-out

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 16:02:53 BST 2009

how would this be fixed for kmail anyway?

2009 9 30 16:21 schrieb am "Scott Kitterman" <ubuntu at kitterman.com>:

It was my understanding from the last Kubuntu meeting that the decision was
the we would provide the message indicator widget on the panel by default
because there are non-KDE apps in the repository that have been patched to
unconditionally expect and indicator to be present, but that we would not
enable indicator support in Kubuntu desktop apps and let users opt-in.

I am checking this because at least Kmail defaults to on (even for
upgrades).
See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdepim/+bug/439333

Before I 'fix' this, I wanted to check and make sure my understanding of the
decision was correct.

Scott K

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: