Project Timelord -- Initial consideration

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 21 15:50:22 BST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2009 05:57:32 schrieb Alessandro Ghersi:
> Conclusion, users are tired to see system applications broken on default
> installation just because there is a policy that says "no GTK" on the cd,
> moreover, this policy where is write and who decided?

Someone once came up with it, ever since it is used as common excuse for
shipping broken stuff. Also, I'd like to note that qt-only can, and usually
does, mean as alien as GTK+ (I don't think Arora is using kwallet, kcookiejar,
kjava, kbookmarks...), so the only benefit Qt apps got over GTK+ apps for us is
that we already have the Qt stack on board but GTK+ would require additional
space, other than that it is mostly the same insanity.

Note: I wrote that it usually means alien because it is not always the case
(Quassel integrates quite nicely, though it does have KDE bindings, so...),
also I just used Arora as example because even though a web browser is just a
chrome it can (should?) integrate into KDE at multiple levels.

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer