5 kubuntu polish suggestions

Divan Santana Divan.Santana at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:11:59 BST 2009

Hi All,

Perhaps these suggestions are a bit too late(better to suggest late then never
though):

Note first: I unfortunately haven't been able to actually test karmic yet so
some of these might not be applicable. I'm installing and testing soon though.

1) If firefox is an option to install from the menu, there should also be a
pop-up that gives the user an option to make it the default browser in KDE.
- This will make firefox more intergrated into KDE and make many things work
better like web-shortcuts and just normal opening of websites.

2) pager set to 1 row(not two) with "display icons" enabled and KDE shortcut
added to switch desktops left,right as control+alt+left/right. I find this
looks and works better than the default.

3) "show window list while switching desktops" enabled in "window behavior
module"

4) I don't know much about this - but perhaps look into this link
http://tokoe-kde.blogspot.com/2009/09/pimp-my-nepomuk.html and make the
default backend semsame2 for nepomuk.

5) Controversial suggestion would be having rsibreak installed and set to
start on boot. I think this a good idea because it makes the OS feel likes its
more intelligent and looking after you. Although this is quite a "big" change
I think its a good idea. Those that don't like it could easily just right
click quit and it doesn't start on boot again.
- Ensure the icon is also visible so it can be easily exited/viewed if need
be.

That's it for now
--
Divan Santana