Request for Tech Board approval of proposed Kubuntu Updates policy

Kees Cook kees at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 10 19:01:02 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 10:37:45PM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Please see https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/UpdatesPolicy for the proposed
> policy.  We would appreciate review and (hopefully) approval at the next tech
> board meeting for which it would be convenient for the board.

This proposal looks good.  I would like to understand one portion that
isn't clear to me, though:

 "For any update, Qt and KDE versions must match. Major Qt versions will
  not be put in -proposed, -updates, or -backports."

What happens in the case of needing a newer Qt for a KDE update?
Has upstream promised not to do micro version updates of KDE that require
major version updates of Qt?

-Kees

--
Kees Cook