kde4libs in non-Kubuntu environments on 9.[04,10]

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Sun May 24 19:08:13 BST 2009

Someone please get started on
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdelibs/+bug/374248

It makes some KDEEdu apps less useful for non-Kubuntu environments
(which for kdeedu is a pretty grave issue).

Getting this sorted for Jaunty will not be too easy (possibly some
dpkg-divert magic would be advisable?). We can't really go with the
Karmic solution I proposed because SRU's shouldn't introduce new deps.
The only other solution that comes to my mind is moving the file from
KDE 3 to KDE 4. However, that could cause regression since a KDE 3 app
could use the file which would break the other way round.