k3b for kde4 in kubuntu jaunty?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed May 6 20:48:10 BST 2009

Anthony Mercatante wrote:
> It is unfortunatelly too late by far to get k3b in for jaunty....
>
> A backport might be considered as soon as karmic dev cycle starts, so
> thanks again for this, it'll help !

A backport would certainly be nice.

And here's another report of k3b and associated packages, all version
1.65.0~alpha1+svn962070-0ubuntu1~ppa1. I have seen another version
before with some issues I can't see this time but I didn't find the time
for a reasonable test with that version.

It seems the issue with the spinning cursor at startup has become worse.
On the folder view at the left side I select an arbitrary folder except
my home folder and the I quit k3b. After restarting k3b the cursor is
spinning until I select my home folder (nothing new) or (this is new to
me) until I select any folder for a second time. Even after selecting
the home folder the cursor starts spinning again if I select another
folder for the first time. However this is not even guaranteed,
sometimes it doesn't start spinning if I select a folder for the first
time.

When I want to add a file to a project or if I want to start burning an
iso image I have to double click on the file name now although I have
selected single click in the system settings and in the previous
versions single click was sufficient. I don't know if this is the
intended behaviour and I don't say it is wrong but it is at least
unexpected.

I select "More actions..." -> "Burn image ...". Then I select select the
image file and click the start button to burn the file to a DVD+RW with
data on it. Then there is a popup window asking if I want to overwrite
the data. When I select overwrite, the window disappears as expected but
it immediately appears again. After selecting "overwrite" the second
time the burning procedure starts. If I use a CD-RW instead, the popup
window asking if the medium should be erased only appears once.

If I double click an iso file name to burn the file to a DVD+RW, the
burning procedure is the same as explained in the previous paragraph
except after successfully burning the image to the medium and closing
the window with the burn progress info, the "Burn Image" dialog window
appears again. That doesn't happen if I select "Burn Image ..." from the
menue.

If I start a new data project and double click on a file name of an iso
file, the popup window asking if I want to add the file to the project
or burn it as an iso image appears twice.

Appart from these issues, the actual burning procedure worked
successfully for burning data projects and iso images with and without
verify to DVD+RW and CD-RW.

Nils