Some Kubuntu translations love

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 13 20:23:20 BST 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Arne Goetje<arne.goetje at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> I have now a better list of all Kubuntu related templates with he
> timestamps of their last update. This could help to determine if a
> template is still in active use or not.
>
> The list is here:
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~arne/karmic-templates-kubuntu_20090709-01.log
>
> It seems that some templates are still in the queue, but I guess those
> templates which haven't been updated for a longer time period are good
> candidates for a kill if they match your list.
>
> Thanks a lot!

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members/kubuntu-dev-tools/kde-l10n-orphans-parser/revision/10

All KILL can be killed, most likely. # no pot + older than 180 days
All LIKELYKILL can be killed, likely. # no pot

I still think I should manually iterate over the list and explain some
stuff, like most of the plasma/krunner related stuff was actually
moved, not removed.
Ultimately we should only have to do this for this time round, later
on the regular orphans parser should keep us up-to-date, so we
probably can check the log once or twice per cycle with manual sanity
proofing, but otherwise the orphans parser will take care of at least
everything that resides in core KDE. Also everything except core KDE,
koffice, kile, and I think k3b, use the more common approach of
src+l10n=tarball anyway.

I'll be going to visit some friends tomorrow, hopefully I'll get to
improve the list-processor and make the output fit the actual status
on the train ride (possibly by hooking up the list-processor with the
orphans parser, not sure if it is worth the effort, because as stated
above, the templates list will never grow that large again due to the
orphans information)...

One question though: once we have the orphans information, should we
give you time to process it (i.e. remove, rename, move the data
accordingly) or can we upload the kde-l10n packages right away and you
move/approve/do your magic afterwards? KDE 4.3 made me think that it
might be more work for you if we upload the l10n packages while there
is still heavy moving going on (which was the case between KDE 4.3 rc1
and now for example).

regards,
Harald