Kubuntu Ports status for Karmic development

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Sun Jul 12 21:25:37 BST 2009

With the exception of armel, things are currently looking very good for
KDE/Kubuntu.  We just finished with KDE 4.3 RC2 and (except armel) all packages
built on all architectures.

The demise of hppa in Ubuntu helps as that was very problematic for a long
time.

The armel issues are not KDE specific, so we ought to be able to retry stuff
once the problems are resolved.

The most amazing news is that Live CD images are now being produced for IA64:

http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/ports/daily-live/current/

The ports architectures get CD build attemps daily, but it's been
approximately forever since one of them had a Live CD build work (even if it's
oversized).

So the news this cycle is good.  I expect armel will be in shape soon.

Scott K