Changed doc path - Rebuilds needed post 4.2.0

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 19 18:11:22 GMT 2009

Griaß eich god,

As of today CDBS' kde4.mk uses /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML as documentation path.
Before it was ... kde4/HTML.

The reason is outlined in https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/284915
Simply put: it's necessary to make KHelpCenter use both KDE 3 and KDE 4
documentation. We will rebuild core KDE as part of the upcoming 4.2.0 release,
after that we will need to redo all KDE 4 packages that install stuff to the
old documentation path, otherwise KHC will not be able to find the docs
anymore.

Coordination or a list of packages that need to be recompiled would be greatly
appreciated ;-)

Please also note: if conflits between KDE 3 and KDE 4 appear you probably want
to alter the KDE 3 package to not install documentation (as done for kdelibs).
That said, conflicts are pretty much impossible because for everything but
kdelibs there would be other conflicts than the documentation anyway (e.g.
binary conflict).

I'll drop another mail once 4.2.0's kdebase-runtime hit all (or almost all
arches).

regards,
Harald