Welcome Documentation Proposal

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 17 22:02:38 GMT 2009

In the past, we used the 'About Kubuntu' document as our 'welcome to
Kubuntu' message on the Desktop CD. The document was a fairly generic about
document in which end users could get very little information about
Kubuntu. Today, I don't think this document will suffice, and because of
this, I would like to create the following:

 * Welcome to the Kubuntu Desktop Edition
 * Welcome to the Kubuntu Netbook Remix

I think they are fairly obvious in what they will cover. In the document, I
would like to briefly introduce the end user to the version they are using,
and a quick run down of the various things such as getting support,
contributing, applications, and then some. The document wouldn't be large
at all. What I would like to do with that document then, is have an
icon/link on the desktop for the Desktop CD, as well as on the desktop
after installation.

What do you think? I would like a -1/+0/+1 from those on the Kubuntu
Council please. Thanks!

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738