[kubuntu-devel] Thoughts on Arora

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Sun Aug 2 22:11:03 BST 2009

On Sunday 02 August 2009 04:17:07 pm Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> > Currently the only advantage of Arora is that it renders more sites
> > than Konqueror, but I suppose once the webkit kpart was pushed far
> > enough along this advantage will autoresolve? So why bother with a
> > temporary fix at all?
>
> +1 If there is a strong possibility of us switching back to Konqueror
> for Karmic+1 (which there is), why bother changing default software?
> If we can't ship Firefox in the default install then we should include
> it as a recommended enhancement update to help users get it easier.

+1 from me for both the reasons above. I would like to see Arora as a
secondary option as in my household konqueror s the default browser, with
firefox as the secondary for those times it is necessary. I *would* love to see
an "Open with Arora" option in Konq's File menu and context menu as Firefox
currently is (assuming it isn't already there in some form)

I also do not want to have to go through the nightmare of explaining,
defending, and supporting this move. I know I am sounding a bit like a broken
record here, but we don't need to create any fodder for the cannons out there
ready to fire at us .

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net