plasma-widget-network-manager snapshot up for testing (was: networkmanager plasmoid SRU)

Tue Apr 28 11:04:00 BST 2009

Hi everyone

On Monday 27 April 2009 20:09:29 Harald Sitter wrote:
> Hola!
>
> Almighty sebas just suggested that we might push a more recent SVN snapshot
> of the nm plasmoid to jaunty-updates (seeing as it is a main package and
> horribly broken, but SVN ought to be in better shape...). Which IMHO is a
> very good idea, though we should apply a longer testing phase and do a more
> public call for testing in order to ensure that there are close to no
> regressions.
>
> Note that this also helps upstream mature the product, while the users get
> a more usable version right away. So, everyone wins, as long as we keep a
> tight QA on the SRU at least.
>
> Opinions? Volunteers?

I think that it is indeed worth a try; though some proper testing is needed!
Luckily it looks like there is a good interest in testing a recent svn
snapshot :)

I have uploaded a new svn snapshot to the kubuntu-experimental PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-experimental/+archive/ppa
Note: This PPA indeed contains very experimental stuff at times; so you might
want to hand-download the .deb and install it.

Please test version 0.0+svn959985-0ubuntu1~ppa2 and give us some feedback. We
of course want to know if it solves anything for you; and more importantly we
want to know if you find any regressions compared to the current version in
jaunty.

Please send a report back to this list. You're of course also welcome to ping
me on IRC (a|wen on #kubuntu-devel) with comments.

Cheers,
Andreas
--
 ,-¤.  Kubuntu Linux