Discussing an "Official" Kubuntu PPA scheme

Nathan Handler nhandler at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 23 21:02:16 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Jonathan <echidnaman at gmail.com> wrote:
> We could give the members of #kubuntu-testing the passwords for the private
> PPA, but that channel seems somewhat dead..... Maybe that needs to change too.

I am not 100% sure what "#kubuntu-testing" team you are referring to.
If it is [1], then I think that would be a mistake. That team is an
open team. That means that anybody could simply join that team to gain
access to the private ppa. I think that this ppa should only be
available to those users who are directly involved with performing the
update. The packages in the ppa go through many changes before they
are uploaded. As a result, it would be very difficult to get good
feedback from the testers. I would much rather have them test out the
packages after they are uploaded to the official repositories.

Other that that, I have no issues with your proposed plan.

Nathan

[1] https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-testers