[kubuntu-devel] question on sound in jaunty

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Sat Apr 4 19:39:06 BST 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 04:48:09PM -0400, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> In Intrepid I didn't have any problems with sounds,
> seems after the upgrade I do not have any sound.
> Steps to help troubleshooting this?

apt-get remove --purge pulseaudio   for a first instance

Else see DebuggingSoundProblems

Otherwise try asking dtchen, he's been quite helpful to people with
problems.

Let us know how you get on, I'm wondering if compiling kdebase without
pulseaudio support will help anything or not make a difference.

Jonathan