Locale question (was: Re: Call for localization testing)

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 10:04:47 BST 2009

Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> if [ -e /etc/default/locale ]; then
>     locale=/etc/default/locale
I decided to look which file I had...  I have both but
/etc/default/locale contains the following string:

LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

This surprised me as it should be "en_GB UTF-8"...  I live in the UK not
the US...

Should I change it?  Would it be overwritten by the next log-in/reboot?
How would I make the change permanent?

--
Blessings

Wulfmann