[RFC] KTorrent 3.1.2 -> 3.1.4 in intrepid-updates

John Dong jdong at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 4 14:39:41 GMT 2008

I'd like to propose something that typically goes against our SRU policy: As
someone who's tracked KTorrent development and upstream's forums community
for quite some time now, I think it's in our best interest to track new
upstream point releases in -updates.

Their history is relatively clean of point-release regressions, and they
release these maintenance releases pretty often to address new bugs being
reported to their upstream forums. Doing so for us would fix a few memory
leak and infinite-loop (high CPU usage) issues, particularly in the DHT and
UDP tracker codepaths.

The only question I have with this is how does it affect translations, as we
have no guarantee that upstream string-freezes :)

John