Return of the Hug Day - 03 June 2008

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Fri May 30 20:43:41 BST 2008

We've had a bit of a break in the Hug Days since the release of Hardy
Heron, but now they are back!  On Tuesday, June 3rd, the focus will be
on those pesky bugs without a package.  The number of them has grown to
about 3600 but the rate of newly reported bugs without a package is
slowing.  We'll focus on assigning these bugs to the correct package and
gathering more information from reporters.  The event will be held in
#ubuntu-bugs on Freenode.  The list of targeted bugs and tasks is posted
at:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20080603

Our goal is to deal with all of the bugs on that list.  I've also added
a new section to the list of bugs - bugs with jpeg attachments.  Who
knows what the picture is of but hopefully it'll help get the bug
assigned to a package!

So on 03 June 2008, in all timezones, we'll be meeting in
#ubuntu-bugs on irc.freenode.net for another Ubuntu Hug Day.

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay

While you are welcome to apply to join the Ubuntu Bug Control team
anytime, Hug Day is a great day to join!

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl

If you're interested in helping to make the next release of Ubuntu even
better - please stop by.  And feel free to ask bdmurray, ogasawara,
pedro, heno and the rest of the team for ways to help out.  We hope to
see you there and your name on the list of bug triagers!

Sincerely,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com