test of kde4 live cd
yuriy-kozlov at kubuntu.org
Sat Mar 1 21:44:14 GMT 2008
I tested the KDE4 live cd 20080227.2 and found the following issues:
- Couldn't boot (found workaround):
- No background behind KDE4 splash screen
- Fonts look terrible, no anti-aliasing.
- Install icon on the desktop has Ubuntu logo instead of Kubuntu
- About Kubuntu icon on desktop has no icon. Clicking it opens
khelpcenter, saying "there is no documentation available for
/kubuntu/about-kubuntu". Nothing shows up in contents. Going to
glosary opens up a page that says "kde glossary" and nothing else and
has some missing images. Clicking on any of the categories in
glossary doesn't do anything.
- No knetworkmanager or restricted drivers manager on boot
- Konsole/KDE3 is installed (why?)
- Firefox 2 is installed for some reason. I thought Firefox 3 is
default on hardy, but why is firefox installed at all?
- No image editing, spreadsheet, presentation, or digikam installed.
- 6 KDE3 settings modules in lost+found. Why are these installed?
- Kickoff > Applications > Personal Files opens konqueror instead of dolphin
- Going to the leave tab in kickoff and clicking logout, shutdown, or
restart opens up the logout dialog that again gives you the same
- Clicking on Switch User in kickoff brings up krunner
- Zooming in plasma is not ready for use yet, as mentioned by seele
and aseigo, so the button for it should be removed for hardy
- Add/Remove Programs is listed as "Add/Remove Programs/KDE3". Other
KDE3 apps have the suffix in the description. Having it in the title
there is a little confusing.
- Ubiquity is a KDE3 app?
- No example content
It's currently installing. My issue from alpha 4 with manual
partitioning and an old /home seems to be fixed.
More information about the kubuntu-devel