question on memory w/ KDE 4

Yuriy Kozlov yuriy.kozlov at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 02:20:53 BST 2008

I think I may have some of the problems you are seeing as well.  On my
desktop (2GHz dual athlon64, 2GB ram) with Hardy KDE4 things generally
feel sluggish, especially after running for a while (I keep my desktop
X session up for 1-6 weeks at a time).  It's always been like that,
but seems a bit worse sometimes with Hardy/KDE4.  Processes
(particularly konqueror windows, which sometimes take up to a minute
to react after being untouched for a while) seem to get swapped out
for no apparent reason (I have 2GB of ram, no VMs or anything).
Reducing swappiness hasn't helped.