Dolphin improvements

Jos Poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Mon Oct 22 11:16:08 BST 2007

On 10/22/07, Sergey Rudchenko <lackofmind at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have upgraded to gutsy and have some ideas on subj. Please help me to
> make decision. Could I send patches on this (KDE3/Qt3) dolphin, or it is
> better to take a look on KDE4/Qt4 dolphin?

Well, you could send patches to the d3lphin project, that's for sure.
But that code won't live very long, and if you want to do something
for the 'future' it's way more productive to jump on the KDE/Qt4
bandwagon. On the other hand, we're close to a release right now, so
your patches probably won't be accepted until the tree is open for 4.1
again (unless they count as bugfixes, PLEASE send those ASAP). Of
course, 4.1 will most likely open short after new year or even before
that, so it's not that far away.