kde4 svn development with kubuntu

Luka Renko lure at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 9 17:17:21 BST 2007

On Sunday 07 October 2007 16:33:35 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> As qt4.3 is backported to feisty, can I just use that instead of
> the -kdecopy versions?

I would suggest to use that version - it is 4.3.0, so it should be fine (4.3.2
which is in gutsy would be better as it includes some bugfixes).

> If I use repo packages, will I have to reset the $QTDIR environment
> variable? What else will I have to do?

I just have libqt4-dev installed and cmake will properly detect which version
to take. I did not need to change QTDIR in .bashrc.
Note: I am compiling kde4 on gutsy.

> The kdesupport module contains kde4 dependancies because distros may not be
> supplying them yet, such as eigen soprano strigi qimageblitz. kubuntu
> feisty includes these packages. Can I use them instead of compiling
> kdesupport? Again how up-to-date are they etc?

Yes, if they are appropriate version. On gutsy, I use this to install all kde4
build dependancies:

sudo apt-get install -y build-essential cdbs debhelper cmake \
    libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libbz2-dev libclucene-dev librdf-dev \
    shared-mime-info libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev mesa-common-dev \
    libxext-dev libjpeg-dev libpng-dev subversion libsm-dev libxinerama-dev \
    libxrender-dev libfontconfig-dev libboost-dev libxcursor-dev doxygen \
    libungif4-dev libdbus-1-dev libgpgme11-dev libssl-dev libgpgme11-dev \
    libasound2-dev kdesdk-scripts libpth-dev libjasper-dev \
    ssh libxine-dev libqimageblitz-dev libqimageblitz4 libglib2.0-dev \
    dbus-x11 graphviz

> Also, what is the situation regarding these issues and kubuntu gutsy?

Probably slightly better as it has newer version of qt. I would also expect
that most of kde4 developers using ubuntu are already on gutsy.

Regards,
Luka