[kubuntu-devel] gnome / kde documentation integration

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 18 23:24:19 GMT 2007

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 12:13:00AM +0000, john levin wrote:
> Just joined this list, not so much because I'm a heavy user of Kubuntu,
> but because there are a number of KDE/QT apps I find essential.
> (And see following email about KDE4/QT4)

This is the spec we wrote at the last conference.

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuFeistyKde4Plan

Nothing has happened because there have been no further KDE 4
snapshots, but when there are we'll make sure to package it.

> I have a question about integrating help docs for KDE apps in Gnome:
> namely, although Scribus is fine when calling up the help under Gnome,
> basKet is not.
> Bug filed here: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/basket/+bug/85781
> Does anyone know why this is? Is it an option that is turned on in
> Scribus but not basket?

Scribus isn't a KDE app and has its own help centre built in.  Any KDE
app will need khelpcentre installed before you can view the help.
There is a proposed spec to share help file format between KDE and
Gnome but the Gnome help dude hasn't been able to implement it.

Jonathan