Kubuntu LTS

Scott James Remnant scott at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 28 19:51:30 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 20:37 +0100, Luka Renko wrote:

> What I would expect is to announce it more formally from the Canonical through
> official announce channel that is picked up by news sites also. Initial Hardy
> LTS announcement [1] did not mention that Kubuntu will not have LTS badge.

There isn't such an announcement channel that covers Kubuntu,
ubuntu-devel-announce is the announcement equivalent of ubuntu-devel;
there isn't currently a kubuntu-devel-announce.

Note that that announcement doesn't mention that Gobuntu, Ubuntu Mobile,
etc. also won't have the LTS badge.

> I think we in general need to fix Ubuntu/Kubuntu announcements in future to
> make it clear what applies for Ubuntu common platform, what is Ubuntu/GNOME
> specific and what is Kubuntu specific. This have caused confusion in past
> (users expecting Ubuntu/GNOME features in Kubuntu).

This has been attempted in the past, however it led to even more
confusing announcements than we had before; with vast clarification on
what bits applied to what.

The current method is for each top-level product to announce itself
independently, and then only have one major "combined" announcement for
each release.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant