Hibernation

Hervé Fache Herve at lucidia.net
Thu Mar 30 17:10:40 BST 2006

Kernel-wise, I'd rather keep as close as possible to Vanilla.

KPowerSave seems good, to bad it requires a bit of messing about ATM.
Hopefully it will get into the Kubuntu official packages soon (after
Dapper?)!

Thanks a lot for the links,
Hervé.

2006/3/30, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org>:
> On Thursday 30 March 2006 16:16, Hervé Fache wrote:
> > I have seen the Ubuntu guys discussing hibernation problems. I have
> > yet to find a way to tell my Kubuntu to hibernate. Is that something
> > that's being worked on? I am happy to be a beta tester.
> >
> > I am thinking of hibernation on desktops here...
>
> You can have a look at suspend2 [S2], it works well on my notebook and on my
> desktop, but you have to install a custom, patched kernel to take advantage
> of it. There is also swsusp in the kernel (dunno if enabled in Ubuntu's
> default kernels), that should do as well, although in practice, it does not
> work for some people.
>
> [S2] http://www.suspend2.net
> --
> sebas
>
>  http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org |  GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?