Hibernation

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Mar 30 16:07:52 BST 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 16:16, Hervé Fache wrote:
> I have seen the Ubuntu guys discussing hibernation problems. I have
> yet to find a way to tell my Kubuntu to hibernate. Is that something
> that's being worked on? I am happy to be a beta tester.
>
> I am thinking of hibernation on desktops here...

You can have a look at suspend2 [S2], it works well on my notebook and on my
desktop, but you have to install a custom, patched kernel to take advantage
of it. There is also swsusp in the kernel (dunno if enabled in Ubuntu's
default kernels), that should do as well, although in practice, it does not
work for some people.

[S2] http://www.suspend2.net
--
sebas

The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done
is generally interrupted by someone doing it. - E. Hubbard