Question on Hibernate/Stand By on a laptop -- Possible Bug??

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 13:21:36 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 14:10, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 03:36, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > > Does unplugging my USB mouse "unload" the device?
> >
> > No. But if you hibernate from a script, try:
> >
> > /etc/init.d/hotplug stop
> > rmmod uhci_hcd
> > hibernate
> > modprobe uhci_hcd
> > /etc/init.d/hotplug restart
> >
> > (Check with lsmod which *hcd driver is loaded.)
>
> Do i need to do that before I hit the function key on my laptop?  FN+Esc is
> stand by and FN+F1 is hibernate.  Either one functions the same way with
> the USB mouse conntected

In between. The "hibernate" command is equivalent to pressing the function
key. You might want to configure your system (the command that's run when you
press the function key) to do that automatically for you.
--
sebas

If you want the holes in your knowledge showing up try teaching someone. -
Alan Cox