Question on Hibernate/Stand By on a laptop -- Possible Bug??

Luka Renko 74.luka at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:57:38 GMT 2006

On 3/14/06, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse at iserv.net> wrote:

> > No. But if you hibernate from a script, try:
> >
> > /etc/init.d/hotplug stop
> > rmmod uhci_hcd
> > hibernate
> > modprobe uhci_hcd
> > /etc/init.d/hotplug restart
> >
> > (Check with lsmod which *hcd driver is loaded.)
> Do i need to do that before I hit the function key on my laptop?  FN+Esc
> is
> stand by and FN+F1 is hibernate.  Either one functions the same way with
> the
> USB mouse conntected

USB modules are supposed to be removed automatically, but you can configure
additional modules in  /etc/default/acpi-support file (see MODULES
variable).

Or if you want to help with testing test packages of powersave/kpowersave,
you may try to install packages mentioned in this thread:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-devel/2006-March/000910.html

They work nicely for me, but not yet polished for the case of both GNOME and
KDE on the same system.
Note: it is not clear if these packages will get into universe (at least in
current form) and/or if we would be able to replace existing buggy
klaptopdaemon...

Regards,
Luka