please test kde 3.5.1 on dapper

cRoMo cromo at klej.net
Mon Jan 30 16:05:33 GMT 2006

Dnia Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:40:10 +0100 Martin Ammermüller
<martin.ammermueller at bnro.de> napisał:

> Unfortunately this prevents a user from actually burning any CDR's,
> since k3bsetup sets the suid bit of cdrao and cdrecord. Without that,
> burning of CDR's isn't possible.

I have exactly same problem here. Also, after recent update I have no
Keyboard Layouts available to choose from in KControl. They
disappeared, so I can't use my multimedia keys anymore. Another annoyng
bug is flickering kicker. It flickers everytime I type in app (e.g.
now), click inside the window (e.g. in Opera when browsing), move some
window and so on. It's really annoying and I have a feeling that it
causes a lot of kicker's CPU usage.

Also, I read on adesklet's webpage that in order to enable apps to
write directly on desktop (e.g. adesklets, aterm and urxvt with
pseudo-transparence enabled, torsmo and conky) I have to turn on the
"Allow programs in desktop window" option in KControl. Unfortunately it
doesn't work here for some reason. I have to use Esetroot anyway. On
the other hand turning the desktop icons off makes it working just
fine.

PS. I am new to kUbuntu as I recently switched from pure fluxbox into
kde 3.5.1. I am new to this mailing list too, so if any of these bugs
have been already addressed, then I am sorry.

--
Regards,
cRoMo