trying Xgl and compiz on KDE

Luke Monahan lukemonahan at
Wed Feb 22 04:30:28 GMT 2006

I was under the impression that the compiz-kde decorator wasn't
finished yet, so I'm not sure why it's an option in apt-get.

If you check
you can see that there are many holes in the code, including the very

    fprintf(stderr, "Qt decorator is not yet ready!\n");

I think you can run the gnome window decorator under kde in any case,
and at least have a working desktop.

Let me know if I'm wrong, as I haven't been able to try out any of
this XGL stuff yet myself.