trying Xgl and compiz on KDE

Luke Monahan lukemonahan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 04:30:28 GMT 2006

I was under the impression that the compiz-kde decorator wasn't
finished yet, so I'm not sure why it's an option in apt-get.

If you check http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/compiz/kde/window-decorator/
you can see that there are many holes in the code, including the very
sage:

#ifndef I_KNOW_WHAT_I_AM_DOING
    fprintf(stderr, "Qt decorator is not yet ready!\n");
    exit(1);
#endif

I think you can run the gnome window decorator under kde in any case,
and at least have a working desktop.

Let me know if I'm wrong, as I haven't been able to try out any of
this XGL stuff yet myself.

L.